Ormandy Rycroft plate heat exchangers and shell & tube heat exchangers are ideally suited to steam condensing applications. Our versatility in design and manufacturing allow us to offer the best solution for high pressure or large volume steam applications.
Careful design of systems allows clients to use the heat generated by the steam condensing in other applications such as pre-heat for domestic hot water or even as a primary energy source in a heating circuit.
Steam condensers can be supplied either stand alone or fully packaged complete with valves and controls. Factory fitted insulation is available as required.
Plate heat exchangers
- Plate materials – Stainless steel 316L, 304L, titanium
- High heat transfer coefficients, ensuring designed surface area is kept to a minimum
- Ease of maintenance
- Exchanger outputs can be increased by adding additional plates
- Exchangers can achieve high cross over temperature profiles
- Low standing losses in comparison with other exchanger types
Shell & tube heat exchangers
- Materials – carbon steel, stainless steel, copper, cupronickels 90/10 and 70/30
- Low maintenance costs
- Low pressure drops
- High heat transfer coefficients when fitted with high performance tube
- Exchangers can be designed to use in aggressive or hard water environments